Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year

Happy New Year 09 to everyone....
We finished off 08 by going back up north to see Max's family. We had Christmas with Max's dad and family on New Years eve. Gavin was very excited to see all of his cousins. Gav took lots of pictures, but as I found on our way to our next Christmas function, the card from my camera got lost somewhere and I have not found it yet. So I have no pictures from Max or Joni's Christmas's. If anyone has any, please send them my way. :(
On Saturday the 3rd, we visited with Max's mom and family and had our Christmas get-together. We had homemade chicken noodle soup...yum. Then in all of our wisdom, we decided that we would try to beat the ice storm and drive home before it hit. The storm started on us when we got to spooner and just got worse all the way home. It ended up that we drove home during the worst of the storm. But we made it home.
It was hard going back to work after having 2 weeks off, plus Max decided that we were going on a "21-day fat flush diet" to start off the new year. As a good wife (ha), I am going along with the program since he has been doing a lot of the cooking of the special meals. I made it all the way through the first week until I got home today (friday) and we took Gavin to the movies. I ate half a box of chocolate chip cookie dough candy during the movie......As Chris Farley says ( in a valley girl skit) "Lay off, I'm starving!!". Max has been really good on it though.

Here's the movie that we saw tonight. The Tale of Despereaux. It was OK.
The Tale of Despereaux

No comments:

Post a Comment